Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Dragonfly

Why have I called my blog dragonfly fancy?  Well, three weeks ago I was facing some of the hardest decisions of my life, and their inevitable consequences.  I was nearly certain I was making the right choice, but it was so hard and so painful, and it was natural to have some doubts.
I was sitting on my back porch with my husband and we were about the choices we were making, when a dragnfly flew my way.  Without thinking,  I put my hand out, and it landed right on my fingers.  As my husband and I talked, not directly refrencing the dragonfly, it stayed put and seemed to look at me and listen.  My husband finally said "They don't normally behave that way do they?"  "No, would you like to hold him for a while?" I asked as I held my hand towards my husband.  The dragonfly then flew from my fingers straight to his, where he sat for quite some time. 
During the time that we held our new friend we gestured with our hand a bit and didn't hold perfectly still, but to all appearances he wanted to stay with us.  The odd thing was no matter which way my husband held his hands the dragonfly would turn to face me. 
Mr Dragonfly stayed on our hands trusting us for at least 10-15 minutes.  Finally my husband with some gentle guidance encouraged him to perch on the deck railing where he stayed, at least as long as we were on the deck.
During this encounter, I becan to feel more at peace with our decision.  I was suddenly certain it was the right thing.  I felt like it was a sign from God telling us we were doing exactly what needed to be done.
The purpose of my blog wont be to go on about my choices, or talk about my personal life, but I wanted to share this experience.
I mostly want to share what I am doing.  The things I am making and designing.  And show previes of the patterns I am offering.  Right now I am a bit obsessed with making patterns for shoes and boots for my Goodreau ball jointed dolls.  The cover picture is of my favorite girl, Chloe.  She is a resin Secret, and has  been retired by Goodreau.

No comments:

Post a Comment