Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I have some new ideas for my shoes, the ideas seem to keep coming faster than I can write them down or sketch them out, but I just haven't had the time to work with them. 
I know I was going to stick on topic with the blog, but I am going to let you know what has been going on. 
For about a month now, my youngest son has been having seizures.  He may have had them before this, but if he did, they were the petit mal seizures and went unnoticed as they sometimes do. 
About 3 weeks ago he had a grand mal seizure, and frightened us to death, so now we are very aware of what happens with him.  We watch his every move (poor fella, he hates that). 
Yesterday he began doing something that was new to him, but was very familiar to me.  He was darting his eyes around the ceiling like he was seeing something up there that we couldn't.  We could get his attention for a minute, and he would even stop for a while and seem normal, but then before much time had passed he was doing it again.
My oldest son does this a good bit.  He is really out of control when this happens, and there are some really wild behaviors, but with all the other behaviors that come along with the autism, I never figured it could be seizure related.  Matt has never had anything that was obviously a seizure.
Now I am thinking that there is a possibility that both boys are experiencing auras, the precursor to seizures. 
There are more types of auras than I realised, but as I understand it they could be seeing flashing lights or glittery light. 
As a young teen I used to have episodes of tunnel vision, which is also listed as a type of aura.  I never reported them to anyone, and remember having the odd idea that I was doing it myself, and that everyone could do it. 
The doctor is supposed to call me back today and I will find out if he wants to do some tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment