Saturday, September 18, 2010

Drive in Time

I haven't worked on my shoes much for two days.  I went to the drive in last night.  We saw Nanny McPhee Returns, and Charlie McCloud.  I love going to the drive in and feel like we are so lucky that there is still one in the area we live in.  It has been a long time since we have been able to have a chance to do a normal family activity.  I really missed it.  The windows fogged up and we could barely see, and our son thought it was hilarious to eat pizza in the car.
Today my husbands neice asked me to help her daughter decorate a cake.  It was a monkey made in one of those Wilton cake pans.  I took the Wilton cake decorating classes years ago, all but the one that teaches how to make wedding cakes.  I would have loved to learn wedding cakes, but I was afraid if I ever made one I would drop it when I delivered it.  The monkey did turn out adorable. 
I always liked decorating cakes, but neither my husband nor my two sons would eat cake, and though I will eat cake, I don't really care for much frosting.  I was just loved the idea of making my boys fabulous birthday cakes every year.  They just ruined my plans by not liking cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment