Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Lace Up Boots

The pictures of my lace up boots are finally ready.  I think they turned out well. 
I loved the way the gold boots turned out.  They were a purse in a previous life, and the leather was a bit to thick to make boots of this scale but I couldn't resist.  They look just like a pair of my husbands steel toed work boots.  The soles are made from two layers of  a 7mm foamie sheet, and I actually gave them a tread.
The black boots remind me of a pair I had in jr high.  Mine were brown, and the soles weren't made from mouse pads though.  I don't think there was any such thing as mouse pads then.
I wore my boots with plaid wool skirts, and thought I was soooo fashionable.
The above the knee boots are a bit different, but a lot of fun.
I have them listed on Ebay, but I hope soon to have my own website with downloadable patterns.
These boots are a little more complicated than my first boot pattern, and my shoe pattern, that only have one seam and were designed with simplicity in mind, with one piece uppers. 
This pattern has three piece uppers and three seams to sew,  but it isn't difficult, and the holes can be made with a simple paper hole punch.
I have put my auction link below.
Now I am off to start a new pattern for shoes.  I will give you a sneak preview soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment