Saturday, September 11, 2010

These are my first two sets of shoe and boot patterns.  They will fit Goodreau resin and vinyl  16-17" dolls, and should be able to be worn  by any slim MSD BJD that can wear Goodreau clothes and shoes.
I began making these shoes because when I found the dolls, at a price I could afford, I was delighted.  I had been wanting them for such a long time, but I had put off buying them, because with my children I usually have more pressing need for money than a new doll, no matter how badly I wanted it.  When my first doll, Chloe arrived I had no clothes or shoes,  but I love making clothing.  Could I make shoes that would look good on this type of doll?  I had made shoes for Bleuette and American Girl, so I decided to give it a whirl, after all if I could make my own, that left more money for things like a new friend for Chloe.
The first pattern I designed was for very simple slouchy boots. They have a one piece upper and no zipper buttons or ties. There is only one seam in the back, except for the thigh high boots which were made from a stretchy velvet and wold have frayed and looked unfinished without a hem.  You can't get much simpler, and still have a cute new pair of boots. Four new pairs of boots in fact.
My confidence a bit higher I decided to try shoes.  I wanted a pair of Mary Janes, and a simple pair of ballet type flats, so that was the next thing I tried.
The shoes have 4 different patterns which are a variation of the same very simple easy to sew pattern with a one piece upper, and one seam in the back.  There is also a T-strap shoe and just by varying the upper slightly from the ballet flat, one that gives the feel of a loafer. 
I have been selling my patterns on ebay, and I am working on a download which I will offer on an auction site which allows downloads, and hope to have my own website soon.
I am very nearly done with a new set of patterns for lace up boots that I am really excited about.  I will probably be taking pictures this afternoon.  My husband will be so glad when I finish, since I have been kind of obsessed, and have been really hard at it trying to make these boots just right.  I can't wait to show them off.

1 comment: